Sunday, May 15, 2011

Let The Games Begin!




Well guide training is over, camp Muir has been set up, and clients are soon to arrive.  The 2011 summer season is off and running—and I cannot wait.  Last week I had the opportunity to train with the National Park Service in a technical rescue seminar held by Rigging for Rescue.  During the course we discussed topics such as performing rescues in high angle rock and ice terrain, various materials used in rescue systems, and all sorts of techniques in which to rescue injured climbers.  We went through more physics and load calculations than I have done since high school physics class.  We finished up the weed with a field day in the Tatoosh mountain range on the southwest side of Mt. Rainier. 
Currently I am taking a few days to visit my mom and get some rest and relaxation next to the ocean.  I am truly blessed to have such a peaceful place to come and hit the reset button so to speak.  Lately I have realized how fast life goes if your not careful.  One of the things I hold to be the most important thing in my life is having loved ones around me to share life with. 
Gear is being sorted, the truck is fueled up and tomorrow morning I will leave for the next chapter of adventures.  Next week I get to open the gate to the Mt. Rainier summer season by guiding the first IMG trip of the summer.  Then Saturday I fly to Alaska to guide my first ever Alaskan expedition up Mt. Bona.  Stay tuned for more updates to come…..

Thank you for all the support, it means more than you know.  

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
VeloSki said...

Austin....keep dreaming big and big things will come into your life....I am just a few decades ahead of you on the dream life...cycling and skiing for the pure joy of sharing my gift from God with others every day...go HAVE SOME FUN...I KNOW I AM TOO...ciao Laurent