Friday, October 28, 2011

That's What I'm Talking About!


With the change of season come many transitions in the life of the seasonal athlete.  I recently wrapped up another spectacular summer guide season and headed for Rocktober.  Each fall the summer season comes to a screeching halt.  During the summer month’s guides across the country work themselves into the ground to make their dreams come true.  What is it that compels us to carry on? What is the gleaming desire to achieve something greater? 
I have the opportunity to work shoulder to shoulder with some of the greatest guides in the industry.  And we have bosses and mentors that are living examples that your dreams really can come true.  I would not be where I am if it weren’t for the generosity of those that believed in me.  So when you get bogged down in the daily grind, take another shot of espresso and realize that anything is possible.  Just kidding with the shot of espresso.  But please take a moment and look at all the people that have made it happen, and realize that you can to. 
Ok, so maybe it’s the fact that winter is just around the corner, or that my new skis and boots have been waiting for a month, or that I’m sitting in a So Cal coffee shop but I feel inspired.  So shoot me, or realize that there is something within each and every one of us, something that is waiting to break out and seek adventure.  And don’t forget to PRAY FOR SNOW!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Definitely praying for snow. The forecast for the PNW is looking up, hopefully Mt. Bachelor will get some of the downstream.
Carry on!